The NHS says they may be blue or dark purple, and often lumpy, bulging or twisted in appearance.
Other symptoms it lists include:
- Aching, heavy and uncomfortable legs
- Swollen feet and ankles
- Burning or throbbing in your legs
- Muscle cramp in your legs, particularly at night
- Dry, itchy and thin skin over the affected vein
Varicose veins are rarely a serious condition and don't usually require treatment.
But speak to your GP if:
- Your varicose veins are causing you pain or discomfort
- The skin over your veins is sore and irritated
- The aching in your legs is causing irritation at night and disturbing your sleep
Credit source https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/905618/varicose-veins-pain-treatment-removal