These are a few tips to help prevent spider & varicose veins:
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun and to limit spider veins on the face.
- Elevate your legs when resting as much as possible. This can help reduce chances of varicose veins.
- Control your weight to avoid placing too much pressure on your legs.
- Don't cross your legs for long times when sitting. It's possible to injure your legs that way, increasing the risk of varicose veins.
- Regular exercise can improve leg strength, circulation & vein strength. Focus on exercises that work your legs, such as walking or running.
- Don't stand or sit for long periods of time. If you must stand for along time, shift your weight from one leg to the other every few minutes. If you must sit for long periods of time, stand up and move around or take short walk every 30 minutes.
- Eat a low-salt diet rich in high-fiber foods. Eating fiber reduces the chances of constipation, which can contribute to varicose veins. High-fiber foods include fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains, like bran. Eating less salt can help with the swelling that comes with varicose veins.
- Avoid wearing high heels for long periods of time. Lower-heeled shoes can help tone your calf muscles to help blood move through your veins.
- Wear elastic support stockings and avoid tight clothing that constricts your waist, groin or legs.
Source credit http://www.veinsofhouston.com/ways-to-help-prevent-spider-varicose-veins